Sunday, September 5, 2010

Welcome Readers!

Hello!  The origin of this blog lies in a conversation that I had with a friend after I decided that I would love nothing more than to have a career in writing.  It was suggested to share my writing on a blog.  This is an effort to encourage me to write more and for me to test myself to see if I have what it takes to write professionally.  Therefore every Saturday (hopefully!) I will update this blog with a chapter of a continuing story.  But that will not be the only writing I will share!  Throughout the weeks I will share poems and other short stories.  To mark the beginning of my first blog I will share a poem I wrote a while ago entitled "The Storm".

The Storm
The wind cries and the wind blows
And through it all a bird still flies.
Rain comes as darkness falls
And through it all a bird still flies.
Thunder claps and lightning strikes
And through it all a bird still flies.
A tree crashes down killing all beneath
And through it all a bird still flies.
My heart breaks and my tears fall
And through it all I will still fly.
My soul us hurt from the pain others cause
And through it all I will still fly.
Through a storm a bird flies strong.
Through the wind, rain, thunder, and lightning,
Through all the obstacles in its way
A bird still flies, and so will I.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Whitley! I love the poems you've shared with me before! :) This one is just as great..you're such an amazing writer and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I hope you continue to do this weekly because i know for a fact that you're a great writer.

    ReplyDelete